Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Interview with the sassy Clara "Shadow" Debnam




Artist Name: 
Clara Elizabeth Debnam, known to many as "Shadow" or Clara "Shadow" Debnam

Blog/Website:
www.claradebnam.com


Description of you art:
My previous work was a reflection of what I believed the world wanted to see, my current work is a reflection of what is best for me, my spirit...that inner man. And letting that from within lead and guide me. When I think about my work, my hope is that it is a depiction of life and not death. From the vibrate colors that I use, to the movement in the work as well as the movement brought forth in the creating process.

Places we can buy your Art:
www.claradebnam.com
James Huff's Gallery, Located downtown Winston Salem

When did you first realize that you wanted to do art?
At the art station in my Kindergarten classroom 
I would like to think that I came out the womb painting :)

How long have you been doing art?
Off and on since the age of 5

Were you formally trained ?
 I have taken several art classes over the course of my younger years (I say that like I'm old :)) But what I like to believe is that a true artist isn't made, their born.


What inspires you:
MUSIC, seeing other artist's work, my friends and family, 


Your favorite artist:
Lavon Williams, a wood carver out of Lexington Kentucky!!


Arts tool you cant live without:
Liquitex Heavy Body Paint, Robert Simmons paint brushes, and a high quality canvas and MUSIC


 Your Art goals:
To breathe life and love into the eyes that are blessed with the opportunity to view my work. To walk into any random person's home and find a piece of me there to share each and every moment with them.



Advice for other Artist: 
Accept criticism, find a mentor whose better than you...(as if anyone has the right to define what best is), realize early that painting is apart of your because you were BORN with it.  A quote to live by: "We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing.  Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generate action".








1 comment:

Danyetta said...

I love it!!!