Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Something a Little Different


This is a dragon fly that I painted. ( Just trying something different) I used pages out of an old book for the background just to make it a little interesting. I wanted the colors on the fly to be a muted so I used watercolor on the wings and outlined it in black. I love the way it looks but.....I must admit that it doesn't really look this defined anymore. Lets just say that it a bad run in with a can of varnish. I will tell you guys about that in another post entitled "What Not To Do!!!" LOL! :)

2 comments:

Kerri said...

i love that you painted it on the book page. makes it even more interesting!

Diane said...

This is very cool. I know exactly what happened, because the same thing happened to me!! Next time, I sprayed a workable fixative on my piece that I finished, and then varnished it, and it worked!